The Facts – Rise of Anti-Semitism
- 90% increase anti-Semitic incidents on US college and university campuses since 2016.
- Globally, major violent anti-Semitic incidents rose 13% in 2018
- Jewish people and institutions were the most frequently targeted accounting for 58% of all religious-based reported incidents in the US in 2017.
- 3 million Twitter users posted or re-posted at least 4.2 million anti-Semitic tweets in English over a 12-month period ending January 28, 2017.
- 89% of Jews in EU Member States believe anti-Semitism is most problematic on the internet and social media.
*Sources: Federal Bureau of Investigation (November 2018), European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (December 2018), The Kantor Center at Tel Aviv University (May 2019).
The Facts – Power of Social Media
- 68% of American adults get their news on social media
- Nearly half of American teenagers claim to check social media “almost constantly”
- The number of teens who encounter racist content on social media has increased 10% in the last 6 years.
- More than 80% of American teenagers believe they can have an impact on social and environmental issues by using social media
*Sources: Pew Research Center, AdWeek, CONE Communications , Common Sense